Thursday, June 5, 2008

"My Carbon footprint"




The Carbon footprint is the sum of all emissions of CO2 (carbon dioxide), which was induced by human activities in a given time frame. My results in the quiz were 3.08 planets so that is meaning I am the same as the UK average. Now I am going to highlight three of my carbon footprint problem and offer some solutions.

The first problem for me is that I am using transportation too much, to be specific; I am using my car more than 7 hours per day. This high rate of usage cause air population and effects our environment. Burned gases & carbon which generated from the car pollute the air and increase the hole in the ozone layer. In addition, during rush hours people get nervous and stressed and this is also considered as pollution. The second problem is technology. As technology is improving, I use these technologies and I depend on them. I am also fascinated by technologies and the features which they have. For example, I change my cellular every time because of the camera resolution and other features. In each room in my house, I have a television, receiver and DVD player. I can't live without technologies because they make my life easier. A final problem is electricity. I am using a lot of electricity. Abu Dhabi has hot weather and we can't live without using air condition. Lights, T.V and computers are consuming electricity and these things are necessary in our life but it seems we use them more than we need to.


Now let us turn to the solutions. First, the only way to solve this problem is to walk or using bicycle and we don't use the car unless in important cases. Second, to reduce the advantages of technology or the pollution by the technology is to use them just to fit and satisfy our needs only. Finally, we have to shit down the electricity whenever we don't use it and reduce the number of items which don't add any valuable to our life.



As you can see from what I have written above for each problems there are many solutions. My point is that global warming is the biggest threat to the planet today so we have to cooperate with each other to protect the blue ball which is our planet.











No comments: